Pages

This is how it works-
I love to run but there are times when I would rather not. This is when the voices start. Chants, name calling, guilt and reverse psychology is how they get me up and out the door. I don't really mind the voices and have actually started looking forward to their daily calls. Together we have formed a running club that supports, encourages and competes with each other. I love these peeps. They are much more experienced, talented and tougher than I am. Pushing me out the door, through the hard miles and up the monster hills when I am feeling lazy or want to give up. Some people have "real" training partners, coaches and support crews. My team is ALWAYS with me and helps me to keep my eye on the prize and not veer off the track. Sounds crazy- Yeah, probably is.........

Friday, February 19, 2010

50k to 6,000 miles.....What a Run.

The Sylamore 50k Trail Run. I have been looking forward to this race for a while now. Last year after running the 25k, I swore that I would never come back. But....You know how it goes. A few hours later I was thinking about the 50k. Could I cover that distance over this terrain? Would I want to push myself that hard? Hard questions and easy answers. Here I am. We arrived at the packet pick up around 4:30 this afternoon. We are now resting at the Mtn. View Best Western, drinking a few beers and watching UFC. Trying to stay relaxed despite the butterflies that come with nervous excitement. I am looking forward to crossing the finish line tomorrow, not just for the satisfaction of completing this challenging course but also because the final mile will coincidentally be my 6,000th since I began my "running life" back in 2006. Just a number, yes, and not worthy of the HALL OF FAME but in my own mind WE will be celebrating like it is.

No comments: