Pages

This is how it works-
I love to run but there are times when I would rather not. This is when the voices start. Chants, name calling, guilt and reverse psychology is how they get me up and out the door. I don't really mind the voices and have actually started looking forward to their daily calls. Together we have formed a running club that supports, encourages and competes with each other. I love these peeps. They are much more experienced, talented and tougher than I am. Pushing me out the door, through the hard miles and up the monster hills when I am feeling lazy or want to give up. Some people have "real" training partners, coaches and support crews. My team is ALWAYS with me and helps me to keep my eye on the prize and not veer off the track. Sounds crazy- Yeah, probably is.........

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Real Men Wear Pink.... Maybe


Last year at the Relay For Life in Ozark county there was this dude that decided he would run all night around the track. He ended up running for 10 ½ hours and 54 miles. He ran about 10 of these miles while wearing a pink tutu. Why? Because he is an idiot...... and those 10 miles raised $100 for the American Cancer Society.

There have been some people asking if this idiot would return for round two on June 17th of this year. My first answer was NO. But then the VOICES started plottin' and schemin' to put me back in pink and I gave in. Why??? Because it attracts attention. Not for me. I can act the fool without a dress. Promise that. It attracts attention to the cause and the ultimate goal..... A world without cancer. This is something we all want. That is why I continue to ask for your help.

Here is what I am going to ask this time...... Will you sponsor me for one mile in the pink tutu? Only $10. I hope to go at least 60 miles, or 240 laps around the track, each one in the pink tutu. Sounds like something only an idiot would do? Yep. I'm your man. I will run all night regardless, and I will dedicate individual laps or miles if you request, with or without a donation, BUT the tutu only comes at $10 per mile. That is the deal. I have some self respect. (No I don't)

If you would like to sponsor a mile:

Online donations can be made here ---->DONATE ONLINE<-----

Or by mail to:

David Murphy

HC 72 Box 324-8

Wasola, MO 65773

(Make checks payable to The American Cancer Society)

Here is a link to the video from last year..... 54 miles and a cartwheel.

No comments: