Pages

This is how it works-
I love to run but there are times when I would rather not. This is when the voices start. Chants, name calling, guilt and reverse psychology is how they get me up and out the door. I don't really mind the voices and have actually started looking forward to their daily calls. Together we have formed a running club that supports, encourages and competes with each other. I love these peeps. They are much more experienced, talented and tougher than I am. Pushing me out the door, through the hard miles and up the monster hills when I am feeling lazy or want to give up. Some people have "real" training partners, coaches and support crews. My team is ALWAYS with me and helps me to keep my eye on the prize and not veer off the track. Sounds crazy- Yeah, probably is.........

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

100 Days.......

On May 2nd of this year, I logged a 10 mile run on the treadmill. It was nothing special just another run...... I had no idea that it would be the start of a 100 day – 700 mile runstreak. Not sure why I would start a “streak” considering the knee issue that showed up during the Ouachita 50 miler two weeks prior and had been slowly healing. Guess it just kind of happened.

Here is a breakdown mileage per run.....

3 miles 19x

5 miles 42x

6 miles 13x

8 miles 2x

10 miles 12x

12 miles 4x

14 miles 1x

15 miles 3x

16 miles 1x

19 miles 1x

53 miles 1x (logged as 20 and 33 miles. Fri. night – Sat. morning)

and several “junk” miles.... (Oh yeah, every 10th counts....)

Total = 700 miles in 100 days

This includes a few 5k's and 10k's. Nothing really noteworthy other than the 53 mile Relay For Life track run and the Sprint Tri back in July. Notice this was a “run” streak- nothing about swimming or cycling. That is because I don't see a need to properly train......

It was pretty cool to hit exactly 700 miles on the 100th day. Even cooler that my “lifetime” mileage (Since Jan. 16th 2006) hit 9,500 at the same time. But the streak will not end at 100 because my logbook is sitting at 1,494 miles, there will definitely be a 101st day to this streak.

I have been putting one shiny quarter in a jar for each day of the streak which I will donate to the American Cancer Society when the streak officially ends. It's up to $25 now..... anybody want to match it? Let me know......




No comments: