Pages

This is how it works-
I love to run but there are times when I would rather not. This is when the voices start. Chants, name calling, guilt and reverse psychology is how they get me up and out the door. I don't really mind the voices and have actually started looking forward to their daily calls. Together we have formed a running club that supports, encourages and competes with each other. I love these peeps. They are much more experienced, talented and tougher than I am. Pushing me out the door, through the hard miles and up the monster hills when I am feeling lazy or want to give up. Some people have "real" training partners, coaches and support crews. My team is ALWAYS with me and helps me to keep my eye on the prize and not veer off the track. Sounds crazy- Yeah, probably is.........

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Miles 146 - 162 With Friends

Long runs can be hard. Sometimes they zap ALL the energy before you even get started. This morning, as I set out for a 17 miler, I just wasn't "feeling" it. When I go solo on these runs the thought ALWAYS comes through my head to just cut it short and make it up another time and, as much as I hate to admit it, sometimes I do. Not this morning.....I had 17 new friends running with the CLUB. Even though I do not know any of these people personally, THEY pulled me along and WE ran at a pace that left me feeling like I could go forever.....unfortunately, I had other things to do today or I just might have.

One Mile of Honor.... 184 and holding. WOOOOO!!!! x184

Today, for miles 146 - 162, it was my privilege to run IN HONOR of some wonderful people.

146th mile Steve Heater
147th mile Bob Adair
148th mile Carl Kilgore
149th mile Elizabeth Bean
150th mile Ruth Gold
151st mile Gladys Lewis
152nd mile Mary Boniedot
153rd mile Edith Boniedot
154th mile Harold Hopkins
155th mile Fred Reynolds
156th mile Ryan Coats
157th mile Peggy Nelson
158th mile Pam Smith
159th mile Christian Fairs
160th mile Butch Turner
161st mile Donald Huiatt
162nd mile Marion Dishman

Once again, I am humbled and grateful to have been granted this privilege. They have joined the VOICES club and tomorrow, WE will run again and add a few more. Fight on, friends.


In times of great despair and uncertainty, it helps to know you’re not alone and that there is an answer–hope.

.

No comments: