Pages

This is how it works-
I love to run but there are times when I would rather not. This is when the voices start. Chants, name calling, guilt and reverse psychology is how they get me up and out the door. I don't really mind the voices and have actually started looking forward to their daily calls. Together we have formed a running club that supports, encourages and competes with each other. I love these peeps. They are much more experienced, talented and tougher than I am. Pushing me out the door, through the hard miles and up the monster hills when I am feeling lazy or want to give up. Some people have "real" training partners, coaches and support crews. My team is ALWAYS with me and helps me to keep my eye on the prize and not veer off the track. Sounds crazy- Yeah, probably is.........

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Miles 142 - 145 With Friends

There are not enough hours in the day sometimes. After a very long week away from home, there was not ANY time for me to slip away from my boys for a run today. THAT was okay - I missed them too. So, I had given up on the idea.....good thing for me that I hear VOICES. Some last minute running on the dreadmill let me squeeze in an easy 4 miles. Nothing fancy or fast, just 30 minutes of 'me time' - well, almost. I did get to enjoy listening to my 7 year old tell me all about the adventures of Jimmy Neutron....very interesting and a good way to keep from going completely insane on the 'mill.

The One Mile of Honor is hanging in at 184 participants and that is good....means nobody changed their mind today. WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! x184RockStars



Today, for miles 142 - 145, it was my privilege to run IN HONOR of some wonderful people.

142nd mile Dale Davis
143rd mile Ruth Reardon
144th mile Georgia Lyons
145th mile Betty Adair

Once again, I am humbled and grateful to have been granted this privilege. They have joined the VOICES club and tomorrow, WE will run again and add a few more. Fight on, friends.


In times of great despair and uncertainty, it helps to know you’re not alone and that there is an answer–hope.



.

No comments: