Pages

This is how it works-
I love to run but there are times when I would rather not. This is when the voices start. Chants, name calling, guilt and reverse psychology is how they get me up and out the door. I don't really mind the voices and have actually started looking forward to their daily calls. Together we have formed a running club that supports, encourages and competes with each other. I love these peeps. They are much more experienced, talented and tougher than I am. Pushing me out the door, through the hard miles and up the monster hills when I am feeling lazy or want to give up. Some people have "real" training partners, coaches and support crews. My team is ALWAYS with me and helps me to keep my eye on the prize and not veer off the track. Sounds crazy- Yeah, probably is.........

Friday, August 20, 2010

Miles 134 - 141 With Friends

Sometimes I really wonder if ANYBODY pays attention to this....or anything that I babble on about. Maybe they do and maybe they don't but the one thing that I DO know is that there are now 184 peeps now participating in the One Mile of Honor event. I guess what I am trying to say in my dumb little way is this..... WOOOOOO!!!!! x184

For me, it was 8 miles on the trails today. I managed to shake the VOICES (somewhat) for a little while and enjoyed the run with a friend. I haven't seen this dude in 20 years but through the genius of social networking...AKA facebook... we were able to catch up with each other and squeeze in a few miles. Weird how some people like to run from the past yet here we were running IN the past. Great time.


Today, for miles 134 - 141, it was my privilege to run IN HONOR of some wonderful people.

134th mile Josephine Bowlen
135th mile Rendell Crabtree
136th mile Ron Meyer
137th mile Chisako Fetterly
138th mile Somoa Higa
139th mile William Hubble
140th mile Laverne Lundy
141st mile Walter Hubble

Once again, I am humbled and grateful to have been granted this privilege. They have joined the VOICES club and tomorrow, WE will run again and add a few more. Fight on, friends.


In times of great despair and uncertainty, it helps to know you’re not alone and that there is an answer–hope.



.

No comments: