Pages

This is how it works-
I love to run but there are times when I would rather not. This is when the voices start. Chants, name calling, guilt and reverse psychology is how they get me up and out the door. I don't really mind the voices and have actually started looking forward to their daily calls. Together we have formed a running club that supports, encourages and competes with each other. I love these peeps. They are much more experienced, talented and tougher than I am. Pushing me out the door, through the hard miles and up the monster hills when I am feeling lazy or want to give up. Some people have "real" training partners, coaches and support crews. My team is ALWAYS with me and helps me to keep my eye on the prize and not veer off the track. Sounds crazy- Yeah, probably is.........

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Miles 167 - 172 With Friends

After 36 consecutive days of running without a rest day, today was THE day. REST. That invaluable and necessary evil that all runners must deal with. Ahhhh..... just lazing around, eating junk and doing nothing. Living the dream. Blah, blah, blah..... That lasted until about 7pm tonight. I started jonesin'...BAD. Had to get my fix. Couldn't fight the VOICES anymore. So it was a sweet six miler at a 7:15 pace. Everybody calmed down, the chaos in my head mellowed into peaceful harmony. That's how we rolled on the 37th day.....

The One Mile of Honor......Looks like it is sitting at 187 AWESOME peeps tonight. 7 more days to reach 10,000. I remain optimistic. WOOOOOO!!!!!! x187

Today, for miles 167 - 172, it was my privilege to run IN HONOR of some wonderful people.

167th mile Delores James
168th mile Sonny James
169th mile Ward Workman
170th mile Kathy Workman
171st mile Billie Huddleston
172nd mile Glen Morgan

Once again, I am humbled and grateful to have been granted this privilege. They have joined the VOICES club and tomorrow, WE will run again and add a few more. Fight on, friends.


In times of great despair and uncertainty, it helps to know you’re not alone and that there is an answer–hope.



.

No comments: