Pages

This is how it works-
I love to run but there are times when I would rather not. This is when the voices start. Chants, name calling, guilt and reverse psychology is how they get me up and out the door. I don't really mind the voices and have actually started looking forward to their daily calls. Together we have formed a running club that supports, encourages and competes with each other. I love these peeps. They are much more experienced, talented and tougher than I am. Pushing me out the door, through the hard miles and up the monster hills when I am feeling lazy or want to give up. Some people have "real" training partners, coaches and support crews. My team is ALWAYS with me and helps me to keep my eye on the prize and not veer off the track. Sounds crazy- Yeah, probably is.........

Friday, August 27, 2010

Miles 185 - 194 With Friends

Day 40 of "The Streak" is in the books. 297 miles since my last rest day. I hope to extend to 41 but with plans to hit the water park early tomorrow morning, it might get tough. Today was a great 10 miler with 6 miles of gravel and 4 pavement. The pace was very steady, staying right around 7:20/mile and THAT was an accomplishment for me. Usually I am 15 seconds either way of my average pace, so staying within just a few seconds for the entire run is a good thing. The 7:20 pace was pretty sweet too, considering "The Streak". Luckily, there have been zero injuries during this period. The only minor issue occurred during this morning's run. The temps were in the low 80's, much cooler than it has been, so I decided to bail on the band-aids. Dumb. My white shirt was covered in blood by the end. Bloody nipples. Good stuff......

Enough of the blah, blah, blah about me and my DUMB exploits, time to move on to the important stuff.

I have had the good fortune through the awesomeness of facebook, to watch as a friend has undergone a transformation over the last year. Without the aid of magic pills or fad diets she has lost over 100lbs and become an example to everybody that has followed her. How could she do this without magic? I know this is going to sound crazy...... she achieved this through HARD WORK and DEDICATION. Yep. The two things that are so hard to find.... It has been a huge motivation for me just to log on and read her daily updates and I KNOW there are a lot of people that feel the same. Now she has found a way to reach many more. Weight, Well-Being, and the Wonders of Womanhood on facebook is her new group page. So ladies, if you want to learn from one of the best....here is your chance. Sorry fella's- it's top secret stuff- you're stuck with me. Congrats and good luck, Holly. Go get 'em!!

The One Mile of Honor is almost there. 9,810 away...... WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! x190


Today, for miles 185 - 194, it was my privilege to run IN HONOR of some wonderful people.

185th mile Dan Phillips
186th mile James Atchley
187th mile Wes Morris
188th mile Rita Donaldson
189th mile Christopher Petro
190th mile Ronnie Rice
191st mile Bailey Bennet
192nd mile Donna Adams
193rd mile Patricia Alums
194th mile Karen Bradshaw

Once again, I am humbled and grateful to have been granted this privilege. They have joined the VOICES club and tomorrow, WE will run again and add a few more. Fight on, friends.

In times of great despair and uncertainty, it helps to know you’re not alone and that there is an answer–hope.





.

No comments: