Pages

This is how it works-
I love to run but there are times when I would rather not. This is when the voices start. Chants, name calling, guilt and reverse psychology is how they get me up and out the door. I don't really mind the voices and have actually started looking forward to their daily calls. Together we have formed a running club that supports, encourages and competes with each other. I love these peeps. They are much more experienced, talented and tougher than I am. Pushing me out the door, through the hard miles and up the monster hills when I am feeling lazy or want to give up. Some people have "real" training partners, coaches and support crews. My team is ALWAYS with me and helps me to keep my eye on the prize and not veer off the track. Sounds crazy- Yeah, probably is.........

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Miles 29 - 34 With Friends

Just a few each day........ that seems to be the trend. 162 people now “attending” the One Mile of Honor event. It was at 158 yesterday. When I checked the numbers before my run this afternoon, I was a little disappointed. Up only four?? But, as is usually the case when I run, things became much clearer in my little brain. Up only four?? turned into UP BY FOUR!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!! x4. This means that 4 more people have decided to jump in and do SOMETHING. Those 4 may know 4 more who may know 4 more who........ anyway, that is how I am looking at it. So, here on the 5th day of August, WE are still walking, running and skipping along to Honor those that most deserve it and managing to spread the word, if only by a little, each day. That's gotta make us all smile just a little, knowing that we are all thinking about loved ones and searching for ways to help.

Today, for miles 29 - 34, it was my privilege to run IN HONOR of some wonderful people.

29th mile Harold Quellhorst
30th mile Mr. Ralph
31st mile Joe Breshears
32nd mile Gary Freeman
33rd mile Mary Williams
34th mile Brenda Herd

Once again, I am humbled and grateful to have been granted this privilege. They have joined the VOICES club and tomorrow, WE will run again and add a few more. Fight on, friends.


In times of great despair and uncertainty, it helps to know you’re not alone and that there is an answer–hope.

.

No comments: