Pages

This is how it works-
I love to run but there are times when I would rather not. This is when the voices start. Chants, name calling, guilt and reverse psychology is how they get me up and out the door. I don't really mind the voices and have actually started looking forward to their daily calls. Together we have formed a running club that supports, encourages and competes with each other. I love these peeps. They are much more experienced, talented and tougher than I am. Pushing me out the door, through the hard miles and up the monster hills when I am feeling lazy or want to give up. Some people have "real" training partners, coaches and support crews. My team is ALWAYS with me and helps me to keep my eye on the prize and not veer off the track. Sounds crazy- Yeah, probably is.........

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Miles 81 - 90 With Friends

12 days in..... 173 “attending” the One Mile of Honor event. 173.....Woooo x2. I was fortunate enough to be able to HONOR 10 individuals today. Nothing mind-blowing or extraordinary, just 10 miles on the dreadmill. If you have been on a dreadmill then you know that time is multiplied...... it drags on and on and on...... which is perfect for what I hope to accomplish each day. It gives my mind plenty of time to focus on the folks that WE honor. There are many that I have never met but still feel as though I do know them, or at least a connection of some sort, maybe on a spiritual level.... but I won't get into that.

Let us continue walking, running and spreading the word to others as we honor our loved ones and FIGHT this horrible monster. I refuse to quit or give up and challenge everyone else to make the same commitment. Everybody has some special gift that they can use to help, WE just have to find it.


Today, for miles 81 - 90, it was my privilege to run IN HONOR of some wonderful people.

81st mile Tambra Pickford
82nd mile Larry Paull
83rd mile Darwin Hillhouse
84th mile Gene Hillhouse
85th mile Jamie Kovack
86th mile David Fugate
87th mile Jamey Sharp
88th mile Melvin Driskoll
89th mile Sandy May
90th mile Richie Easton

Once again, I am humbled and grateful to have been granted this privilege. They have joined the VOICES club and tomorrow, WE will run again and add a few more. Fight on, friends.


In times of great despair and uncertainty, it helps to know you’re not alone and that there is an answer–hope.

No comments: