Pages

This is how it works-
I love to run but there are times when I would rather not. This is when the voices start. Chants, name calling, guilt and reverse psychology is how they get me up and out the door. I don't really mind the voices and have actually started looking forward to their daily calls. Together we have formed a running club that supports, encourages and competes with each other. I love these peeps. They are much more experienced, talented and tougher than I am. Pushing me out the door, through the hard miles and up the monster hills when I am feeling lazy or want to give up. Some people have "real" training partners, coaches and support crews. My team is ALWAYS with me and helps me to keep my eye on the prize and not veer off the track. Sounds crazy- Yeah, probably is.........

Friday, August 13, 2010

96 Reasons

175 people now “attending” the One Mile of Honor event...... Woooo x2. Today, Friday the 13th, for miles 91 - 96, it was my privilege to run IN HONOR of some wonderful people. Once again, I am humbled and grateful to have been granted this privilege. Some may wonder WHY it is so important to US to do this everyday. As I ran, this question was on my mind and I had a hard time coming up with just one answer, so today I offer something a little different.

WHY is this so important? So far I have come up with 96 reasons.......

Joe Kanzler
Patsy Pierce
Averille Pierce
Loy Ellis
Cloyd “Slim” Parsons
Louise Goodnight
Hannah Stutts
Linda Stutts
Colleen Wuderick
Peggy Cline
Allen Bilbro
Ollie Grisham
Bill Grisham
Steve Brantingham
David Brantingham
Barbara Brantingham
Doyle Dennis
Tim Ewing
Barbara Baker
Ted Brantingham
Stephanie Phillips
Charlotte Sellars
Bob Young
Doug Rakes
David Sellars
Kelli Rose
Diane Tryon
Lonnie Combs
Harold Quellhorst
Mr. Ralph
Joe Breshears
Gary Freeman
Mary Williams
Brenda Herd
Kathleen Moore
JoAnn Stamper
Bill Hartley
Karen Trimble
Pam McCroskey
Debbie Rose
Barb Williams
Barbara Crespino
Toni Niedermayer
Art Niedermayer
Mary Roberts
Charlie Schlicht
Dick Wiggins
Lynda Burke
Connie Cornielson
Kathi Smith
Grandma Turner
Steve Clark
Edwin Murphy
Dee Combs
Myron Beltz
Brenda Bass
Sam Frazier
Don Dockter
Pat Rhodes
Harold Rhodes
Joyce Motti
Jackie Bailey
Diane Middlesawart
Robert Powell
Lisa Young
Joyce Hebblethwaite
Richard Peery
Imogen Wiggins
Nick Jones
Ruth Hager
Rhonda Welch
Marlin Unruh
Anzie Tate
Cathy Phelps Williams
Fern Clark
Brenda Piatt
Claudia Buzzard
Sharon Peak
Charles Wells
Craig Binford
Tambra Pickford
Larry Paull
Darwin Hillhouse
Gene Hillhouse
Jamie Kovack
David Fugate
Jamey Sharp
Melvin Driskoll
Sandy May
Richie Easton
Jason Jackson
Fern Breedlove
Doug Harper
Jason Sorenson
Dwight Young
Kelli Isbelle

96.......... and that, unfortunately, is a VERY small number. They have joined the VOICES club and tomorrow, WE will run again and add a few more. Fight on, friends.

In times of great despair and uncertainty, it helps to know you’re not alone and that there is an answer–hope.



.

No comments: