Pages

This is how it works-
I love to run but there are times when I would rather not. This is when the voices start. Chants, name calling, guilt and reverse psychology is how they get me up and out the door. I don't really mind the voices and have actually started looking forward to their daily calls. Together we have formed a running club that supports, encourages and competes with each other. I love these peeps. They are much more experienced, talented and tougher than I am. Pushing me out the door, through the hard miles and up the monster hills when I am feeling lazy or want to give up. Some people have "real" training partners, coaches and support crews. My team is ALWAYS with me and helps me to keep my eye on the prize and not veer off the track. Sounds crazy- Yeah, probably is.........

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Miles 97 - 99 With Family

176.......Woooo x2. WE love those 176 awesome people that have taken the time to participate in the One Mile of Honor. Sometimes the smallest of things can make a huge difference.

Ever have one of those days?? I would bet that you have - if you or somebody you love has battled the MONSTER. It has been one of those looooooong days for me. If you have ever done the hospital thing, waiting for answers that nobody has or just trying to get somebody to come and shut off an alarm on an IV...... you know the emotional drain that can have. I had reached the conclusion that running was not going to happen for me today.......but 176??? If that many can commit, then I can FIND 20 minutes to run a few miles. Besides, tomorrow may be even longer, who knows? So thanks for participating and thanks for the motivation.

Today, uhhhh....I mean, tonight, I ran for 3 people that mean the world to me. Partly because I do not have access to my list of names but mostly because they are always with me when I run. They are the people that have taught me everything I know about drive, motivation, attitude and happiness.

97th mile Bill Murphy
98th mile Debbie Martin
99th mile Rita Murphy

They have always been a part of the VOICES running club and it is with great pride that I run in their HONOR. Tomorrow, WE will run again and add a few more names. Fight on, friends.

In times of great despair and uncertainty, it helps to know you’re not alone and that there is an answer–hope.

No comments: