Pages

This is how it works-
I love to run but there are times when I would rather not. This is when the voices start. Chants, name calling, guilt and reverse psychology is how they get me up and out the door. I don't really mind the voices and have actually started looking forward to their daily calls. Together we have formed a running club that supports, encourages and competes with each other. I love these peeps. They are much more experienced, talented and tougher than I am. Pushing me out the door, through the hard miles and up the monster hills when I am feeling lazy or want to give up. Some people have "real" training partners, coaches and support crews. My team is ALWAYS with me and helps me to keep my eye on the prize and not veer off the track. Sounds crazy- Yeah, probably is.........

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Miles 100 - 102 With Friends

Squeezing in the miles......sometimes that is the ONLY way to get it done. Today was a VERY tough day for me all around. But with the One Mile of Honor event holding at 176 strong it was easy to find some motivation to lace 'em up and get out on the road for a few miles. Amazing how just a few miles can change the perspective on certain situations. Running is therapy............

Today, for miles 100 - 102, it was my privilege to run IN HONOR of some wonderful people.

100th mile Paul Titus
101st mile Kim Ackerman
102nd mile Cindy Dow-Neild


Once again, I am humbled and grateful to have been granted this privilege. They have joined the VOICES club and tomorrow, WE will run again and add a few more. Fight on, friends.


In times of great despair and uncertainty, it helps to know you’re not alone and that there is an answer–hope.

No comments: