Pages

This is how it works-
I love to run but there are times when I would rather not. This is when the voices start. Chants, name calling, guilt and reverse psychology is how they get me up and out the door. I don't really mind the voices and have actually started looking forward to their daily calls. Together we have formed a running club that supports, encourages and competes with each other. I love these peeps. They are much more experienced, talented and tougher than I am. Pushing me out the door, through the hard miles and up the monster hills when I am feeling lazy or want to give up. Some people have "real" training partners, coaches and support crews. My team is ALWAYS with me and helps me to keep my eye on the prize and not veer off the track. Sounds crazy- Yeah, probably is.........

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Miles 116 - 125 With Friends

Trails....trails.....trails..... gotta love those trails. Today I managed to squeeze in 10 miles of therapy on some pretty awesome trails just north of Springfield, MO. Great way to clear my mind and get things together. Nothing like avoiding loose rocks and surface roots, dodging spiderwebs, jumping over dead logs and “sneaking” up on a few deer. Add to that a couple of short, steep climbs and several switch-backs.....just like Christmas.

The numbers are UP!!! 181 people “now attending” the One Mile of Honor event. Think they heard my non-stop begging? I hope so....there will be more.

Today, for miles 116 - 125, it was my privilege to run IN HONOR of some wonderful people.

116th mile Patsy Pierce
117th mile Kelly Pruett-Lackey
118th mile Herb Root
119th mile Iva Waltermate
120th mile Carl Gregory
121st mile Bill Watkins
122nd mile Eulis Vest
123rd mile Eugene Vest
124th mile Dewey Davis
125th mile Dale Davis

Once again, I am humbled and grateful to have been granted this privilege. They have joined the VOICES club and tomorrow, WE will run again and add a few more. Fight on, friends.


In times of great despair and uncertainty, it helps to know you’re not alone and that there is an answer–hope.



.

No comments: